Monday, February 16, 2009

Kicking Off Baby Preparation Week

Things are in full-swing for the arrival of Natalie Jean! We have a week off of school this week, so we expect to finally get most things done. The attached pictures are of Natalie's room today; kind of boring, huh? Hopefully these will be completely different by week's end! Natalie's room will be a mix of pink and brown argyle designs with some of my Sleeping Beauty collectibles mixed in (hence the new blog background).

Doctor visits are going well- another one this Thursday. Fortunately, Natalie has turned from transverse presentation to head-down- hooray! The doctor is happy with my progress but drawing blood at every visit to keep an eye on my platelet count. Apparently, low platelet count equals possible denial of an epidural...definitely not an option this wimpy mom wants to think about, so please pray that it stays in the "normal" range. It has been on the low side the past few times. Ever since my last post, the baby in the "pregnancy tracker" has disappeared...I can't figure out why, but the real baby definitely makes her presence known by punching and kicking every chance she gets!

A few shout-outs:
First to Andrea who has had quite a fight on her hands the past several weeks- we love you and are thrilled that things have made a turn for the better. Second to "Carson-Man"- congratulations on your baptism this past weekend! I am so honored to be your Godmother! Lastly, congrats to Elizabeth and Spencer on their Valentine's Day engagement! We are so happy for you!



9 comments:

Andrea said...

Yay for a new post! Thanks for the shout-out. You and Matt are so special Jason and I. Its times like these I am reminded of how much your friendship means to me.

I've been shopping for the perfect UGA outfit for Natalie...only the best for a future Georgia Cheerleader!

Anonymous said...

I love the diaper boxes... it's so my style. Anyway, I just found your blog.... I finally realized today that "Bleeding Red and Black" was on Rebecca's links and on Andrea's and realized how dumb I was for not putting together that it was you guys before!!!

Beckman Bulletin said...

I can't wait for the arrival of my niece. I love the room and think you should keep just like it is-HA,HA. Good luck with getting things done this week. Wish I had the time off to help. I will be praying for you.

The Sims Family said...

We cannot wait for Natalie to be here!! I can come out one day this week to help you guys get stuff done if you want!

Unknown said...

While I am excited for the arrival of natalie.. I am kinda scared at the same time! I mean... I just remember how much I shopped for clothes for Drew and Carson, but lets be honest here... girl clothes are just so much more irresistable!!! :-)
Just kidding! Can't wait for the big day! Let me know if you guys need anything.

Tara said...

I think you and me are on the same wave length. I just finished the boys rooms, minus getting rid of my junk. I think you stole my baby girl..just kidding. I wanted a girl but I have definitely warmed up to two boys. Good luck with decorating and I love the colors.

Ansley said...

Brown and pink argyle... i love it already. can't wait to see pictures.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much!! I am very excited for the arrival of Natalie Jean. Good luck finishing the room this week! I cant wait to see pictures, miss you and love you!

Goodrow Gang said...

Quite a world wind of stuff happening at your home! Can't till there is another baby around to squeeze.