Saturday, July 11, 2009

Home Sweet Home

An exhausting vacation season is officially over! We returned yesterday from our trip to Gulf Shores. As much as we love the beach and being with our family, traveling with two little ones is so stressful- especially when one is a 4-month old that is grouchy most of the time! We had a lot of fun and made great new memories with everyone. Drew got much braver in the pool and was jumping in, going underwater, and kicking his way across the pool (wearing water wings, of course). This is the same kid that usually doesn't leave the steps of the pool. We are so proud of him!

Our Bathing Beauty!
Drew contemplating the next step in proper sand castle construction.

Early in the week before we all got fried (except Natalie)!


The view of the Intracoastal Waterway from our back deck.

4 comments:

Anne said...

Looks like ya'll had fun! I can identify with Natalie's grouchiness...Logan decided he does not like his car seat anymore and screams like a banshee every time I put him in!

Tara said...

I look forward to Evan liking water again. Glad you are all home safe.

Goodrow Gang said...

As usual, you have fabulous pictures! OUch with the burns...never a fun addition to your trip.

So, your son is choosing his next step with construction of a sand castle...not engineering I hope.

The Rempe Family said...

I'm glad you had a good trip. Nice photos! I can't believe that little cutie is grouchy! Being super-white myself, I can empathize with your sun burning abilities.