Saturday, March 21, 2009

Busy Baby Girl

It is 2:30 in the morning.....do you know where your kids are? I do...my newborn is usually in my arms!!! That's right- sleep deprivation is at an all-time high at our house. :)
We had a busy week because Mommy does not like to be cooped-up in the house all day. The Beckmans came to visit last weekend and made us dinner (thanks a ton!). We had a visit from Aunt Liz on Tuesday and took Natalie's first shopping trip! Natalie also had her first bath early this week; I'll let the pictures speak for themselves! Then, Natalie and I went to Dallas to visit the Sims on Thursday. What a busy week for a 3-week old baby!
As I write this, my thoughts are with my two family members who are currently serving our country. My brother serves in the Navy on the USS San Juan submarine and left this morning but only for a week-long excursion. He will have gradually longer trips over the next few months. My Aunt Marcia serves in the Army and left this morning for Iraq. She is scheduled to be there for a year. Please keep my family members and all that selflessly serve our country in your prayers.


GeGe and Papa must be so proud!


"A Princess should not be treated this way!"- Natalie

"This is more like it...safe in Daddy's arms!"- Natalie

6 comments:

Tara said...

Great pictures! It does sound like Natalie's been busy. I hate being cooped up but I have a feeling I will be taking it easy with this addition. I still have no idea what I am going to do with two.

Anne said...

What a sweet baby girl! Congratulations! I am right there with ya on no sleep...I feel like a vampire because I am up all night and sleep during the day with Logan!

Andrea said...

Oh Natalie! It won't be long and you will learn that all girls love a nice warm bubble bath ; )

Goodrow Gang said...

Sleep will return soon enough. Sucks now though! I love the cousin picture. All the kids are SO adorable. Good luck on resting up with your hectic schedule.

A big thanks to your family serving. They are in our prayers.

Lori Thompson said...

Natalie is beautiful! I hope Christy is feeling better! I hear Bob making announcements every morning (I'm out back in the mobile home park!) :)
Christy, Keeley is going to be in chorus with you next year! I'm so excited! Big hugs to all in The Dell! Love you guys!

Lisa said...

Matt and Christy,

Congratulations on your new little one and what a beautiful name, "Natalie Jean". I hope all is going well.

Love to all,

Aunt Lisa and family